Monday, November 16, 2009

Bubba makes boys cry





Trying on one of my bikini's, I looked in the mirror. Finally, my linea nigra is starting to fade. It's still there, but not so loud and proud as before. I'm glad I can fit into my bikini's, but I still have 3 kilos to lose before I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight. No rush though, it's only been 4 months. I put my shorts on the other day too. I tried them a month or so ago, and couldn't get them past my hips/butt, let alone do them up, so I'm ecstatic that I can fit in to them now.

"Ouch!!" Ok, well that's what he would have said if he could talk, but he is just a 4 month old baby, so he curled out his bottom lip, and started crying instead. Hannah has started to take interest in other babies, and reaches out to touch them and grab their hands. Unfortunately, she gave Archie a nipple cripple while she was at it. He wasn't the only baby she made cry that day, baby Connor also cried when she grabbed his hand too much. Watch out, we have a little heart breaker on our hands!!

Bubba and I went to the beach with the girls on Wednesday. I was a bit worried that Hannah might not like the water as it is still quite cold, but she couldn't have cared less. As soon as I put her little feet in the wet sand, she started bouncing (she does that when she's happy). The little waves crashed over her feet, which she also loved. She watched her feet as the water went out, burying her little toes in the sand. I didn't want to keep her in too long though, her little bubba feet were getting quite cold.

Speaking of feet, Hannah has discovered that she has some. She can entertain herself for ages, just laying on her back, grabbing her toes. Or, she lifts her head and shoulders up, as well as her feet, and looks at them for a while.

I like that Hannah is now exploring the wide world of food, but I don't like the increasingly smelly, sticky poops. Last night, she ate 2 TBSP of rice cereal (with breast milk), and another 2 TBSP of sweet potato (with breast milk). This morning, she had a really smelly, sticky poo. I hate to think what her poos will smell like when she is over 6 months old, and getting more solids then breast milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment