Sunday, March 22, 2009

As I write this, I'm sitting on my bed with my feet up (wonderful!!), and my sunburnt shoulders covered by an oversized comfortable t-shirt, while watching "The Italian Job." My idea of a good relaxing day (minus the sunburn). Yesterday I got all dressed up, including facsinator (the things girls wear on their heads to go to the races) to go to a hens day. We played a few rounds of lawn bowls (which contrary to what one may think, is actually quite fun). The sun was shining all day (hence the sunburn). None of us even thought to put on sunscreen for some strange reason. I suppose when you think bowls you think bowling which is inside, even though all of us know lawn bowls are outside. Point is, we all got sunburnt, even the bride who is wearing a strapless dress at her wedding one week from now. Hopefully her burn will fade.

We then went to a very nice terrace house (for those of you who don't know, a terrace house is a very narrow but tall, usually 3-4 stories, house that has others just like it connected on both sides. They were built in Sydney many years ago. Most have been renovated and restored and still stand today) that the maid of honour rented. She made a lovely high tea including scrumptious pumpkin scones which we all happily scarfed while drinking white peach tea and playing taboo. I unfortunately got one of the not so nice side effects of pregnancy whilst at high tea, very bad leg cramping, which made everyone worry and look at me kinda funny. I walked around for a little while trying to find a comfortable position so my leg muscle would untighten and we could play on. This took a while, but it finally went away. I also had an involuntary farting while sneezing incident, but luckily no one noticed. It's just so much harder to control such things when pregnant.

Mushi is kicking more now. At least I notice it more probably because he/she is getting bigger on a daily basis. Sometimes the little feet linger against my belly and I can almost grab one. You can visibly see a lot of the kicks. It's like my belly is alive! I'm also getting more and more akward in my movements, especially getting up. I must look really silly in the morning when trying to get out of bed. I have one of those long pregnancy pillows that I have to get over to then get out of bed. You wouldn't think that would be a hard task as it's only as tall as a normal pillow, which, let's face it, is not that tall, but when you have a big akward belly and all this extra weight on you, it's like trying to get over a mountain. I think I might have said that already in another post, but I'm pregnant, I forget stuff. Let's take yesterday for example. Since my strap broke on my big awesome purple purse, I have been using my small purse which only fits my wallet, keys and phone and nothing else. I decided yesterday to take out my wallet and just put in the money I needed and my drivers licence in case I needed it at the bowling club to be able to bowl (I did not), so that I could fit plenty of snacks in there also. What I did forget is my swipe card to get me back into my apartment building, and then up the elevator. Aaron was going to go to Penrith last night to see his friends, but luckily, his friends cancelled. So, I was able to get back inside once I got home. Aaron on the other hand, had to wait for me to actually get in to the apartment. He was looking at a few apartments to rent while I was at the hens day, but forgot his actual keys to unlock the door (sympathetic baby brain?). He had to go to Chatswood to shop, and see a movie by himself all day. Luckily between the two of us, we had everything we needed to get back home. Aaron bought the best juiciest strawberries for me while he was at the shops. MMmmmm... I might go eat some now.

No comments:

Post a Comment