Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hello again! Right now we are 23 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My belly seems to be getting bigger with my belly button threatening to pop out. Despite my protests, my ass also seems to be getting bigger, but I could be imagining that.... Aaron and I got a toddler bible which we started to read to Mushi the other day. I'm starting to get fairly bad reflux, which apparently only gets worse as time goes on and Mushi gets bigger, pressing against my stomach and pushing the acid up.

For some reason, I want lots of foods which I sometimes used to eat, but now since I can't have them, really want them. I seem to be compiling a list of things I'm going to eat as soon as the baby pops out (although someone asked me if I could still eat them when breastfeeding. I'm not quite sure, but am really hoping yes!). I really want a kebab (not like meat on a stick, like a lebanese type kebab, with the dodgy chicken, tabouli, sun dried tomatoes etc.), even though one usually only eats a kebab when drunk/half drunk and nothing else is open, a chicken hotdog (although I do wonder if I could eat that now if properly cooked), Feta, brie, and camembert cheese, soft serve ice cream, runny yolk eggs, etc. It seems I may put on more weight after the baby is born, with all the things I want to eat!

I don't think I have weird cravings, but I do have cravings. Unfortunately, at the moment I'm craving things I can't get in this country. I could really go some peanut butter cup ice cream (why oh why didn't I get some on my visit??!!), and wheat thins (but not together, as I said, I don't crave weird things or odd combinations). If only I had enough room in my bag to bring back some wheat thins.... Ok, I need to stop now because it's just making me hungry.

I also have a serious case of the baby brain. The other day I was changing clothes after work, and got my dress and purple crop top out (so my boobs don't pop out of my dress), but then spent 10 minutes looking for the purple crop top only to find that I had already gotten it out of the closet. I also locked the work keys in the storeroom one day. They were locked in there all night until someone who was on after me could find a spare. I went to get a lightbulb out of the store room, but when I was confronted with all the different wattages and types, I put down the keys to search for the right one. Proud of myself for finally finding it, I left the storeroom and closed the door, only to realise that I had locked the keys inside.

Up until now, I didn't really get extra hungy, I just pretty much ate the quantities I usually ate. Now though, I'm ravenous! Maybe that is contributing to the expanding ass....

Thanks for listening (and it's so great that I'm doing this whilst at work, getting paid).

No comments:

Post a Comment