Monday, September 28, 2009

Time since birth: 12 weeks
Weight loss this week: 0, nada, zip, zilch:( (well, I gained weight last week and lost it this week bringing me back to exactly what I was last time I actually wrote the weight loss in the blog. I have started lifting weights again, so I'm going to tell myself that I gained some muscle then lost some fat...).
Total weight loss: 11.1kg

I looked at the clock. 5:56am. The baby monitor next to the bed was broadcasting Hannah's "I'm waking up now" grunts/cries. Time to get up, baby's hungry. There was a red glow coming from beyond the blinds. "What's that saying? Red sky at night, sailors delight, red sky in the morning, sailors take warning. We're in for a real storm today," I thought to myself. I put on my pajama pants and bathrobe and went to Hannah's room. "Mommy's here Sweetie Pie," I said, patting her belly. She gave me a huge good morning smile. I put her on her change mat to check her nappy. "What have you got in there this morning Bubba? Have you done a poo poo?" Cheeky grin. She has recently started doing a GIANT poo in the morning, and then either a couple of little poos through the day, or none at all (she used to do about 8 poos every day). I let her kick on her mat with her nappy off for about half an hour. She loves having her nappy off. "Ok Bubba, are you ready for your breakfast?"

7am. The eerie red glow from beyond the blinds was still there. I stuck my finger in the blinds and pulled down one of the slats (or whatever you call them). Red. Everything was red. It looked like Armageddon. Maybe there was a bushfire? No, not much bush in this area. Crazy intense sunrise? No, the sun should be up already. Cylons invasion? Probably not. End of the world? Possibly. The photographer came out in me and I grabbed my camera and went outside without a second thought. Not enough light. Better get the tripod. The smell of dirt filled the air. Even though I'd never been in a dust storm before, I knew that's what it was as soon as I stepped outside.

After I took a few photos (not too many as I didn't want to be breathing in all that dirt for very long), I went inside to watch the news. Turns out the dust travelled for something ridiculous like 1600km from the outback, turning Sydney into the twilight zone. By the end of the day, it had travelled all the way to far North Queensland. They said it is the worst dust storm in Sydney's history. Aaron didn't want to walk from the bus stop to work inhaling all that dust, so he was allowed to work from home that day.

After being cooped up inside all day, I decided I would get out and about the next day. I messaged the girls, and some of us met up for our very first Mum's and Bub's movie session. The cinema only charges $9 instead of $16 (or whatever ridiculous price movies are these days) for you to take your baby in a movie and disturb all the other patrons. No, the babies were all really good for the first 2 hours of the movie, they just got a bit restless for the last half hour.

I am happy to report that I have succeeded in my quest to get Hannah to drink a bottle. Well, I haven't tried again since that fateful day, but I'm hoping it wasn't just a one off. My boobs were so sore they woke me up at 6am, and Hannah had been asleep for nearly 11 hours. I pumped some milk, and decided this would be the perfect opportunity to get her to drink the bottle. She woke up after an 11 hour sleep (no, she doesn't usually sleep for 11 hours straight. It's usually 7-7.75, feed, then another 2-3) so ravenous, I don't think she would have minded drinking milk out of toilet bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment