Monday, September 7, 2009

Time since birth: 9 weeks
Weight loss this week: 500g (1.1lbs)
Total weight loss: 11.1kgs (24.5lbs)

Anyone could see the muffin spilling over the top, the scent of chocolate filled the air. Hold on, I'm not talking about muffins, I'm talking about the unsightly muffin top I sport when I put on my pre pregnancy jeans (or any jeans really) (and the scent of chocolate is the new lynx men's spray deodorant that was lingering in the bathroom, long after Aaron went to work. mmmm...chocolate). At least they fit now, and well enough to put on, and then actually wear out somewhere without feeling like my legs/butt are in a straight jacket. Thank you butt, for finally deciding to shrink.

Poor Hannah had to get her immunisations on Wednesday. I took off her pink pants (yes, pretty much all of her clothes are pink, and yes, I like it that way. I would like to find some purple stuff, but that has proven difficult), and the doctor had me hold her on her side. The doc then wiped her tiny defenceless leg with a cotton bud and whatever solution they put on there to clean the area, and then jabbed Hannah with the needle. Poor Bubba never saw it coming. The room filled with a high pitched "oh my goodness, I'm going to die" loud, loud scream from Hannah. I think my heart broke a little right at that moment. I've never heard her cry like that. Unfortunately, the 8 week immunisations require 2 shots. We repeated the process on her other thigh, and I nearly cried myself. I think I would have lost it if she had to have 3 shots. To hear your baby in such pain and distress really does break your heart. The doctor put a little band aid on both legs, but one of them fell off as it was full of blood. Poor little bubba!! I put her in her pram after and then wheeled her off to the bus stop. She fell asleep and then slept for 2 hours. Luckily she doesn't need any more immunisations until about 6 months (I think anyways).

I finally did it. This week, I took a shower while no one else was here except for bubba. She was still sleeping when Aaron left for work, so I figured I'd take the plunge and try for a shower. I was always scared of her waking up screaming while my hair was full of shampoo. Seriously, then what do you do? You're in the middle of your shower, and you're baby is screaming. Do you finish your shower, and let your baby scream herself sweaty in the cot, or shove a towel around yourself and pick up baby while you drip shampoo all over her and your entire house?? I didn't have to live out either scenario. She slept the whole time. I kept my eye on the baby monitor the whole time though.

As soon as I got out of the shower, I heard a strange noise coming from the monitor. "What was that?" I thought. The noise came again, longer, louder, and clearer. Hannah was doing a giant series of farts. I laughed out loud, naked and dripping, in the bathroom. I quickly got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, and put moisturiser on as I knew it was only a matter of minutes until she woke up, her britches filled with a giant poo. Sure enough, I was right.

We've discovered that Bubba likes to give kisses. If we put our cheeks to her lips, she will give a little lick. Okay, so I'm not sure if she is just trying to see if we have a flavour, thinks the cheek is a nipple, or is actually trying to cute, but it doesn't matter, it's very cute.

Aaron got to celebrate his first Father's Day yesterday. Hannah made him a nice card (with mommy's help...), and some coupons (good for a hug, kiss, etc.), and ordered him a mouse pad with her photo on it. Aaron said it was his best Father's Day ever. Haha.

This morning I was showing Grandma the beached as video on you tube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA. Hannah LOVED it! She couldn't tear her eyes off the screen and kept smiling at it. I showed Grandma some videos before that, and Hannah didn't have any interest what so ever, but I guess she likes the cheeky cartoon whale.



No comments:

Post a Comment